Psychotherapist Job Description
McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services (MCCS) is a diversified, Black owned group practice dedicated to serving BIPOC identifying individuals, destigmatizing mental health, and promoting education, holistic health, and wellness.
We are looking for a dynamic Psychotherapist that has an unrestricted license (i.e. LPC, LCSW, or LMFT) in the State of Pennsylvania to provide individual therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and group therapy. The ideal candidate will also be interested in growing as clinician by developing new skills outside of direct clinical work.
The Psychotherapist will be an independent contractor and will provide telehealth-based care during the COVID-19 pandemic with plans to return to in-person care whenever possible. However, there will also be options for working remotely in the future as we pride ourselves in increasing access to care via various mediums.
Owner and/or Clinical Director.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work; and
- Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMFT or LPC) in the State of Pennsylvania (must be fully licensed). A copy must be provided to McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services.
- Available to hold at least 25 patient sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred by McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services.
Other Qualification Preferences:
- Comfortability and knowledge of conducting psychotherapy via telehealth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site and virtual clinical counseling services to clients of McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services, as scheduled, and in accordance with company policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services.
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, etc.) as necessary.
- Timely complete written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the patient within a timely fashion. Keep patient files accurate and up to date.
- Charge and collect payments from clients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services.
- Conduct and regulate psychotherapy services in a professional manner so as to maintain and increase the good will and reputation of McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services. Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
- Other duties which may by assigned by McPherson Clinical & Consulting Services.
- Psychotherapists are able to earn additional income by conducting group therapy, seminars, webinars, and trainings within their skillset.
- Sign on bonus available after 90 days of employment.